Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Sarvagya Ki Hanuman Chalisa

 


                                                



Dear Reader, we are celebrating Neurodiversity Pride by featuring books written by Indian autistics. The book of the week is - Sarvagya Ki Hanuman Chalisa written and illustrated by Sarvagya Lohia, the youngest author featured in this blog. Let's get to know him better:

 "Hello. My name is Sarvagya Lohia. I am 9 years old and pursuing my education from NIOS. 

My autism journey started when I got diagnosed at the age of 3 years. During the first covid lockdown, I got to spend time with my family and my academic & creative journey also started during this time. My elder brother is my best friend and partner in crime. 

I am very fond of drawing pictures of Hindu Gods & Goddesses. On every festival, I draw pictures of Gods related to that festival. 

Hanuman ji is my inspiration and my superhero. I love to draw pictures of Hanuman ji in various avatars. Also, since my parents observe fasts on Tuesdays and my whole family recites Hanuman Chalisa, I feel closely connected to Hanuman ji. 

My debut book ‘सर्वज्ञ की हनुमान चालीसा’ got published last year and I got letter of appreciation from the Chief Minister of Delhi and the Indian Army for the same.

I am very fond of travelling and exploring new places. Goa, Jaipur, Shimla, Manali and Mussoorie are some of the places I have visited. My recent travel was to Thailand where I enjoyed animal shows and water adventure activities. 

My hobbies include skating, art & craft, playing keyboard and travelling. These days, I am exploring Sketchbook software and learning mandala art."


                     I loved reading the book and truly admire Sarvagya, a young budding author and artist who has a great future ahead of him with the support of his loving family. Looking forward to your next book. God bless you dear Sarvagya, may all your dreams come true!


                  You can purchase the book on Amazon HERE