Thursday, May 23, 2024

Autism World - Rumble With Sanjith

 

                                               



The book in the spotlight this week is Rumble with Sanjith : Renditions of a Non-Speaking Autistic. This is a booklet that shares the conversations, stories, comic strips and thoughts of Shiva Sanjith Vankamamidi. When I requested Sanjith to introduce the book, he replied saying:

"I am Sanjith from Hyderabad. I call myself lucky to have great support from Anjana madam, Amma and Venkatraman sir. My Nanna has been telling stories which started to come out in my conversations. I am also intelligent and I observe not by eyes but by the discussions happening around me. I feel so proud to be part of Talking Fingers as it helped me in getting famous. 

Read my book to have some laughs: to engage non-speakers in meaningful conversations. Everyone have thinking brain and thoughts need not be said through speech. "


                 It has been a memorable couple of years since Sanjith was a co-author of Talking Fingers as an emergent commmunicator and in this time he has improved by leaps and bounds. This book encapsulates that journey. Shared communication plays a crucial role and this book sheds light on the numerous ways that encouraged Sanjith. God bless you dear Sanjith, may all your dreams come true!

            This is available as a kindle edition on Amazon HERE