Friday, November 4, 2022

Talking Fingers - Meet Aditi and Anudeep

 

                      The last interview of the Talking Fingers series features two authors - Aditi Sowmyanarayan and Anudeep. 


                                                     


Aditi, talking about the experience of writing for the book, says:

I enjoyed responding to the questions for the talking  fingers book. I am glad that my perspective is heard. I think it is a great initiative considering that there are no such resources in India. I have had the opportunity to listen to The reason I jump audiobook.  It is authored by a Japanese person Naoki Higashida, who uses a Japanese alphabet board to communicate.  I am aware of Hari Srinivasan, a minimally verbal person of Indian origin who lives in the US and is pursuing his PhD now. There are many such inspirational stories but none from India so far. I feel elated that my perspective was considered for the first such initiative in our country . 

I believe that this is the mere tip of the iceberg. I hope many such stories follow and make way for a paradigm shift in the way we minimally verbal autistic people are perceived."


               You can follow Aditi's blog to get to know more about this amazing writer as she shatters many myths about Autism :

                          https://smallstepbigthought.blogspot.com/






                                                  


Anudeep sharing his experience of writing for the book, says:

" Thank you for appreciating my writing in the book, especially my views on the lack of empathy and mind reading in Autistic individuals. There is something I wanted to say to parents of non-speaking Autistics. Reading this book, you may be filled with doubts whether your child has the potential to write and share his/her thoughts as we have. But let me clarify something. I and other writers in the book don't have any special abilities that sets us apart from your child. What we have as an advantage, though is winning the karmic lottery! We are fortunate that we are born to parents who never gave up and kept fighting for our right to communicate. The way a parent thinks and speaks  becomes the inner voice of the child. If you're  discouraged and lack motivation to keep trying, where will we get the support and guidance we need? We lead a life in a body that doesn't cooperate and is constantly bombarded by sensory stimuli. What we need more than anything is someone who believes in us, in our potential and our right to communicate, which I believe is a basic right of every human being. Be that person for your child and I am confident they will shine in their own way."



                  To read more about the views and opinions expressed by Aditi and Anudeep, please purchase our book - Talking Fingers. It's available on Amazon 




DISCLAIMER: The views expressed by the guest in this interview are their own independent opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views of the host and owner of the blog. Readers are advised to exercise their own discretion and seek professional advice where necessary.